SNA Software Team Releases Upgrade to DECM Data-Driven EVM Validation
SNA Software LLC, which successfully achieved a proof-of-concept and delivered a final solution under cost and ahead of schedule for what is now the Data-Driven EVM Compliance Metrics (DECM) used by the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), has released a significant upgrade to its DECM capabilities.
The upgrade includes the following enhancements:
1. Updated the Proteus DECM test step logic to the new DCMA-specified DECM version 3.6.
2. Added denominator pop-up detail functionality to test metric visualization. This allows users to view detail records and supporting data for all y-value results of the automated and recorded manual tests.
3. In the Proteus Envision DECM Overview Workspace, added the ability via a button click to export filtered test steps to an Excel workbook for all x and y values using the inherent Proteus Spreadsheet control. The output will create the Excel workbook showing a summary worksheet of test performance, with hyperlinks to each test detail. Also added were new formal reports showing test performance across guidelines and attributes, as well as trending history and narrative inputs for each test step.
4. In the Proteus Envision Breakout Reporting Workspace, added earned value and aggregated schedule data at the Control Account level to allow users to analyze the materiality of budget performance and schedule tied to each Control Account, or rolled up by Control Account Manager (CAM), Integrated Product Team (IPT), or any other data element. A report was also created to export out the test trip details across all entries (e.g., work package, time-phasing, tasks, etc.) within a Control Account.
5. Added a new DECM Portfolio Management Workspace which allows users to select multiple contracts and allow for comparative analysis or for aggregation of test metric performance among groups of contracts which can be used to assess test results at the program office, geographical site, business unit, or any other organizational level.
6. Enhanced the DECM Details Workspace to improve visualization and tracing to allow for integration and drill-down of data to Control Account, Work Package, Time-phasing, and Schedule datasets. Also added a new report to illustrate the details of those relationships.
7. Simplified the visualization of loaded period data to allow users to verify that the latest loaded contract period data, as well as in recalculating the DECM metrics, and other improved features regarding data maintenance, including the auto-launching of EnvisionData to allow for transformation and load of data into the DECM database.
8. In the DECM Test Step Table Manager Workspace, extended the ability to modify the Detail SQL for denominator tests as well as other test step metadata to provide management with greater flexibility to ensure that test steps are in alignment with contract requirements and localized procedures.
Other enhancements in this upgrade includes adding Contract and Period End information to each Workspace tab and status text, added a Workspace Launcher to allow users to more easily make a selection of the specific workspace environments to use, and other improvements to saved layouts, dashboard, and data layout views.
For more information on this update, please contract your assigned technical support personnel, or send us a request via our Contact page.